Do you like to follow DIY beauty guides? Want to make crayon lipstick at home? Certainly, you have hit a right place. Here you will get a step-by-step tutorial for making crayon lipsticks at home. This making is quite simple. If you are concerned about health then you need to know that this recipe is quite safe . Crayons are made of paraffin. They are non-toxic and food-grade pigments. So,let’s start making robust lipstick with Crayon at home.
Things you’ll need for making a lipstick with Crayon
Here are some important things you need.
- 1 whole crayon
- 1 whole crayon
- 1/2 tsp shea butter
- 1/2 tsp any type of oil for example olive, almond, jojoba, coconut
- Heat source .It’s easy to use a candle.
- Large metal ladle
- Small metal spoon
- Container with a lid, you can use an empty lip bar jar or contact lens case,etc.
- Essential oil (one or two drops)
Color combination of Crayon lipstick
If you want to combine two or more colors in your one lipstick then you should use a proper ratio. Such as one half green color and one half red color- for two lipstick combo, or one third green with 2 third red crayon.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for making Crayon lipstick
Step No.1 You need to choose your lipstick colors. Pick one or more shade and add them in one whole crayon. I picked Gold and Red Violet.
Step No.2 Remove paper wrapper of crayon.
Step No.3 Take ladle and add oil, shea butter and essential oil.
Step No.4 Add crayon in ladle. If you use one color then break it into small pieces for making melting process quick. When you are going to add more than one color, you need to keep in mind the ratio. Like half+half or 1/3+2/3.
Step No.5 Keep ladle over a candle or your heat source. Keep 3 inch distance.
Step No.6 While crayon is melting, you need to slowly stir all ingredients, so they get mixed.
Step No.7 You need to remove ladle from heat source.
Step No.8 Add some glitter into it.
Step No.9 Pour hot mixture into a container.
Step No.10 once it gets a little cold, you need to cool it in a refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Hurrah! You are done with fabulous crayon lipstick.
Some important points
- Keep experimenting with other colors combination, when you need some unique crayon lipstick colors.
- If you have an empty lip balm tube then you can pour lipstick mixture into it with a metal funnel.
- You can use a stove top as a heat source but you need to replace ladle with double boiler.
It would be fun to make crayon lipstick at home by following this step-by-step tutorial.