A balcony is the part of your house where people just go in their spare times and do various things like afternoon brunch, enjoy evening tea, read a novel, throw a party, or just stand and stare the outside scenery of the nature. While some people consume it by attaching their washing machines and perform household activities. But what if your balcony looks like a store room? Consequently you definitely are unable to enjoy these blessings. So what you need to do is simply maintaining balcony well!
There are some tips you can follow:
- First of all take into account the environmental conditions that you’re having in your balcony like wind direction, sunlight projection, and your neighbors before getting into decorating and maintaining balcony.
- Then start cleaning it all up. Put out every trash and unneeded stuff that you have inside it. All the milk crates, old books, punctured bicycles etc.
- Renovate it. Try to apply some refreshing colors.
- Choose your floor type. You can select a rocky or a woody or a brick floor relying on your own mood.
- Place plants where they will look good. Do not put so many otherwise they would make the balcony messy. Do not place the ones which need sunlight because they do not get it in balconies.
- Hang some lamps on the ceiling for lightening otherwise there are several ways to approach this, you can simply buy a low-voltage bulb for the comfortable plus warm surrounding. In case you do not have electricity supply in your balcony then you can use candles to fulfill this need of lightening, they would be inexpensive as well as classy.
- Place a sofa or sofas according the size of the balcony plus depending on your need, having cushions along with a table that can support you to put books or newspapers or magazine etc. on it.
- You can have some sparrows, pigeons, kittens, a puppy or any pet in the balcony to give it a pleasing touch. As they help you in killing your free time.
- Hang any picture frame on any of the walls, it can be a family picture or an art piece or your own photography. A calendar can also go good on the wall. These sort of things on the walls will not leave your balcony look bare, rather they will give it a family touch.
- Do some art work on the window present in the balcony as in some glass painting. you can put curtains on the windows too but they must differ from the ones you place in rest of your house.
- Make sure that have a properly working switch board system so that you can plug in the music system or anything that will help you enjoy your party.
- Place a matt or a piece of rug on the floor, choose the one which will complement decoration of the rest of your balcony. If the color combination of the cushions and seats or sofa match with the color theme of floor matt then they will surely add more charm in the decoration.
- You can also place an umbrella over your sitting arrangement for the sake of shade in sunny days.